Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can my child attend the Camp Excel Program for just one or two weeks?A: Camp Excel is a therapeutic program in nature and it is our experience that many of our campers often need a week or two simply to adjust to the transition. Some children are just beginning to make connections with peers after one or two weeks. They need the additional time to develop those relationships and practice the social skills they have learned at the program. We feel that the full 6 weeks ensures the optimal benefit from the program. However, we do offer 4 week and 5 week options. 4 weeks and 5 weeks must be consecutive
- How is transportation arranged?A: Camp Excel Summer Program
Transportation is provided from central pick-up points. The fee for transportation is included in the tuition. We make every effort to accommodate our families’ transportation needs. Children are transported in 15 passenger vans, 7 passenger vans or automobiles. All drivers have a Commercial Driver’s License and undergo fingerprinting and background checks. In addition to the driver, each vehicle has at least one aide. Both drivers and aides are Camp Counselors.Camp Excel Saturday Program- Transportation is not available for the Camp Excel Saturday Program.
- Are there any funding options available to assist with the cost for the Camp Excel program?A: There may be some limited funding options available depending on the child and the family’s particular circumstances. Please see our Scholarship and Funding Opportunities page or call for more information (732)-282-0150.
- What should I know about meals for Campers?A: The Camp Excel Summer Program provides campers with breakfast and an afternoon snack. Campers can bring lunch. Lunches will not be refrigerated and microwaves are not available. Campers also have the option to purchase lunch Monday – Thursday (Friday is trip day). If a child has specific dietary restrictions, parent’s are encouraged to provide their own snacks and lunch.
- What is your medication policy?A: The Camp Excel Summer Program has a full-time nurse on staff. The nurse is available to administer medications and attend to any other medical needs of the children. Medication must be delivered to camp by the parent/guardian, and must be in the original prescription container. We also require a doctor’s order to administer medication.
- How do I get to Camp Excel?A: Visit our Contact page here for directions to both locations.